links open in new window

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Waiting for the parade...(updated 11:45 AM, Pacific)

As I write this post the "heterosexual pride parade" I posted about in Raleigh, NC has, if it occurred on time (or at all), probably happened.

Here's a quick follow-on to my second post on this item:

After writing that second post I had a thought, so I went and offered the suggestion in the AMERICAblog comment stream that maybe the two posters who lived in the Raleigh area should go cover the parade and post a report on it.

Well, that suggestion (challenge?) got taken up by the person who had received the response from the radio station. You can read her letter to the station here. She will hopefully be posting her thoughts (with pictures) sometime soon, and I will update this post as events warrant (so y'all come back now, y'hear?)...

UPDATE:

Photo credit: Pam Spaulding

Pam has posted about the parade, and it looks like it was a complete (dare I say spectacular?) failure. Her weblog item is linked above, and she has more pictures here.

My thanks to Pam for the post.

FYI: Pam and her "other half" Kate were married here in B.C. on July first of this year. Congratulations to both of them!!!